Sweat and glue

Thursday, March 17, 2011

So today was an awesome day! A little tiring, but really fun!
It all started with me waking up at 6:20 to take my brother to school, ughh I am NOT a morning person, and even less so when the morning still looks like night! And it definitely doesn't help when I go to bed soooo late the night before. I don't know what it is, but I love the solitude of the night - being able to be by myself, doing art or something different to the norm of the every day life, that totally makes time go by without notice. But either way, I went back to bed after, and woke up with five minutes to get ready... Ryan was on his way to pick me up to go to the NCAA games!

Oh what fun! The only basketball games I've gone to have been in high school, when I went to IRC, and let me tell ya.. I absolutely loved them! There's just something about the adrenaline, suspense, speed, and squeaky noise of tennis shoes on the court that get me super pumped! And so not that I was into the NCAA before, but after today, I am hooked! Sadly, both of the teams I was rooting for lost, but I had so much fun with my love. Although I did talk his ear off a couple of times and asked way too many questions about how the championship worked ("seed?" "What happened? Oh a foul, why?" You get the idea), he was so great and patient with me, and explained tons of things... And that, is one of the reasons why I am marrying him :)
So I learned a few things. West Virginia is the yellow team, Clemson was the underdog. U. Kentucky people are cocky (I know I know, I shouldn't generalize, but that was the vibe I got there), and Princeton has the most fun band!!

Anywho, my night ended with some more basketball on the tv at home, a runny and not very yummy spaghetti that I prepared (I got distracted and didn't take it out of the boiling water on time), Off the Map - love that show, and some painting prep for tomorrow's creative activity!

Creativity Today
So for a long time I have wanted to try out doing a mixed media painting, but never got the courage to do it, the texture, color, and abstract concept to it was kind of intimidating. But recently, I was inspired by Marjolyn van der Hart's work, and I decided to give it a try! And since I am pretty tired, I decided to split the work into two days - because I know myself, and I could easily stay up all night working on this. So here is the prep work. There has been minimum paint used to this point, its been mostly a work of textures, papers, and glue. And because its not close to be finished, I'm posting a picture with not so much focus on the painting itself, but the work behind it, so here it is!


It is bed time for me! So come back tomorrow to see how much depth, meaning, and overall consistency the actual paint will give to this piece. I'm so excited about this one!

0 comments:

 
Life as I know it - Today - by Templates para novo blogger