Rain, rain!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Today was a good and relaxing day. I got to babysit Cam again, and like always, he was a complete joy. Then I got home and hung out with the bro a little bit - I love being able to spend time with him, all our little talks about art, cell phones, cars, growing up, and watching movies, I take to heart. He is growing up so fast! I can't believe he is in High School. Crazy. But like always, I am so proud of the person he is.
I also made a few phone calls for wedding stuff, and sadly I found out Outback is no longer catering for smaller events like a wedding! Blah so sad about this one, I really wanted a more laid back, but enjoyable and good dinner for our wedding. But, I am more than positive that something better will come along.

After a while we spontaneously went with Kels to Tiff's for dinner, and it was so good to see her new place! She did such a good job decorating it and putting it together, and I am so happy for her! Also, she makes the best spaghetti ever, no joke. So it was great to hang out with the girls, and Juan - but poor Juan, I think he heard more than enough girl talk today, ha!

And then it was home to have a movie night, we watched Easy A, and The Switch - which I loooved! The kid in it was so adorable, and not your typical pretty little boy with an attitude, but a more normal kid that deals with issues and fears. And the kid and Jason Bateman combo, uh yeah! Now, I love movies all of kinds (unless they are scary movies), so if you're a movie snob, then don't take my opinion into account. If you, however, just enjoy movies and want to be entertained, then you must watch this!

And now I am typing this, craving cupcakes because DC cupcakes is on. I promise, next time I go to DC I am definitely waiting in line (unlike last year) and trying a mojito cupcake! And maybe I'll convince Ryan to stop at Frostings Etc., in South Tampa ... they have THE best chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake (and I don't even like cookie, but their stuff is a-mazing!), plus they have other flavors I'd like to try, like their Margarita and Guinness Beer ones!

Creativity Today
So yesterday I started on my mixed media painting, and today I got to finish it while I watched movies with Juan. Let me tell ya, this was so fun! I seemed to find more freedom in this kind of paintings, and like I could just let loose more than usual and let the painting take a life of its own! I am super happy about it. All I knew when I started it was that I wanted the main focus to be a girl that was walking in the rain. That was it. So there was no plan. I just took out a bunch of material and starting gluing, painting, cropping, adding, etc. 


So why is this mixed media, you ask? Well, there is a mixture of tissue paper, crepe paper, strips scrap booking paper, cut outs of book pages, acrylics, glue, and aluminum foil... on canvas. Bear in mind though, that all the pictures I have posted on this blog come straight from my phone. I touch them up a bit, but still the quality is not great, so yeah.

And now all I want to do is go run in the rain like I used to when I was little! Too bad Tampa Bay's rain is usually accompanied by lighting. And that its not raining right now, ha!

I should go to bed...

0 comments:

 
Life as I know it - Today - by Templates para novo blogger