Busy-ness

Monday, March 7, 2011

So I figured I'd write some more on the ordinary goings of my every day life. I have my other blog Life as I Know It but usually I write there only when there are some really strong emotions going through my head, whether they are the lows of seeing injustice, to the highs of getting engaged, this is my poetic outlet to these extremes I see or experience.

So here's more of a daily writing experience. I love writing, so here it goes:

Today was a good resting day. This past weekend was crrrrazzzy, but so good. Friday I was in Tampa, doing some venue searching with my future mother-in-law. My gosh, this whole wedding venue thing has turned into a hunt! We then had some lunch at Pane Rustica in South Tampa, and if you are ever in the area, you should definitely try the Chicken Salad there, my goodness, such deliciousness!!! It had an interesting combination of chicken, apple, celery, and some other yummy ingredients I couldn't really tell what they were. And it was served on squash... yum! Seriously, go there! I'm definitely trying to make this at home.

Then it was off to D-now, a really cool youth retreat in Tampa. I was one of the two leaders for 9 eighth grade girls, and man those girls had so much energy... this I found out at 3:30 in the morning when they finally decided they would go to bed. What an amazing group of girls, some were quiet, some quite talkative, but all unique and wonderful. We had some great worship, sermons, games, etc. And on top of it, I loved the fact that we got to serve together with my wonderful fiance, Ryan, who was one of the leaders for the eighth grade boys.

And then Sunday! I had been looking forward to this day for a while... it was the day for our engagement pictures! We met our friends Esther and Danielle, and headed to the park, where we did some fun shots. I was nervous before this, because the camera intimidates me, but I felt so at ease with them, and then Ryan totally made me laugh and really enjoy this time. I promise, there were times I was so immersed in being with him, talking and laughing, that I would forget our pictures were being taken. Then we headed to the beach for some dramatic shots, ah I can't wait to see how they turned out! It was so great and fun!!

So those were the highlights of my weekend. I got to sleep in today, and do some more wedding stuff, which included adding some content to our website! Woo hoo, almost done! Phew, wedding planning is tiring! But I do love it! And looking forward to that day, which is quickly coming up in four months, crazy! And then a lifetime with my love, I can't even share the the excitement behind that last statement!!

Until next time...

0 comments:

 
Life as I know it - Today - by Templates para novo blogger